Thursday, June 11

Day Four... Only three more days left!

Today was so far the best day. And I believe it was all due to a healthy morning breakfast. Even though I goofed and left part of my lunch and snack at home today, it was still overall a good day in the land of detox. I survived, ate too much broccoli & arugula soup for lunch, and surprisingly didn't feel very hungry. Cravings and the desire to quit still haunted me a bit, but they weren't as severe as before. I guess this is progress?

Real Menu
7:30a: Glass of lemon/raspberry water
8a: Eggs with mushrooms and spinach
9:30a: Wild Sweet Orange Tea with honey
11a: Apple
1p: Broccoli & Arugula Soup
4p: Dried Mango Slices
7p: Orange
8:30p: A few cucumber slices with olive oil & lemon juice
9p: 2 cups of popcorn (lightly salted)

Sample Menu
7am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water
8am: Herbal tea
10am (breakfast): Mango and Coconut Milk Smoothie (follow method for Blueberry and Almond Smoothie)
11:30am: Coconut water
1:30pm (lunch): Miso Soup with Watercress
4pm (snack): A handful of blueberries
6pm (dinner): Steamed Salmon and Greens

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

good for you girl!!

laura said...

i've thought of doing this as well but since my work is so physical i'm kind of scared of passing out!

keep it up :)

sparklerawk said...

Oh, I had to quit after day 4. Detox + unexpectedly stressful work week = not a good idea. Not having enough time to prepare detox food that you really enjoy (and enough of it to keep you going) makes it near impossible.
But I'll try it again, maybe during a "staycation." : )